There are easy ways to ensure you are routinely on the right path to maintaining good eye health and protecting your vision
See your eye doctor regularly.
Protect your eyes.
- protect your eyes from the environment.
- very dry air which can cause eye dryness and irritation. Using a humidifier to control air quality and lubricating eye drops are great options to help protect your ocular surface from irritation and dryness.
- sun’s ultraviolet (UV) rays can also be harmful to your eyes. In fact, a lifetime of UV light exposure can increase your risk of cataracts and macular degeneration
- eye safety by using protective eyewear while playing sports or working with hazardous materials.
Eat well to protect your eyesight.
Using computers? Follow the 20-20-20 rule.
- Staring at your computer or other digital devices can cause major strain on your eyes and can also cause dry eyes, blurry vision, and headaches.To help combat these issues, simply rest your eyes every 20 minutes by looking 20 feet in front of you for 20 seconds.
Say NO to smoking.
- Smoking makes you more susceptible to developing macular degeneration, progresses the development of cataracts and can cause optic nerve damage.
Taking care of your overall health protects your eyes too.
- You know the importance of a healthy diet and the affect it has on your eye health. But did you know that exercise can also help by increasing circulation, which can lower pressure in the eyes? This can help those with glaucoma – a group of diseases caused by an increase in intraocular pressure (IOP), or pressure inside the eye.